Mithril Horde 1 HD will be free on Steam

edited April 2020 in Mithril Horde I
Steam is a small platform but people have been very loyal to us there even though it's really hard to find our expansions. This is a small bonus for them.

Meanwhile almost ready to test Asteroids 1.

Comments

• If you have to pay 2.99 for this on Apple and Android, will that bum you out? I'm making it free on Steam because the GOG users are very unhappy.

I don't think Redshift will want to do all the work uploading the game to Apple and Android entails and that's fair as it is a lot of work and they have to do the updates too.

Is that OK with you Apple and Android users?

• Fine with me. Your expansions give many hours of enjoyable gameplay very inexpensively.

• Yeah, I don't mind paying either. "I don't think Redshift will want to do all the work uploading the game to Apple and Android entails and that's fair as it is a lot of work and they have to do the updates too." <- This part, though. Does that mean that we won't get expansions on IPhone/Android anymore?

• edited March 2020

No, not at all. Expansions will still be for iPhone and Android as well as Steam. It's just that I want to do something for the GOG users who will have to double dip to play our expansions. So at least Mithril Horde I will be free on Steam and then will try to do another free one for Steam which will also be for pay on iPhone and Android to be fair to Redshift. But won't do the second free one for a few months to give people time to play.

But working on Asteroids I at the same time. And will follow our planned schedule.

• edited March 2020
    Maybe Mithril Horde I should be midlevel with lower and higher level dungeons.
  • I don't want anyone to think I'm abandoning our normal schedule of releasing expansions. I just want to give our loyal Steam users and our new GOG users a free expansion.

All else will still be out there for the price of a latte from your favorite coffee shop.

And updated. I release and update on Steam. Redshift releases and updates on iPhone and Android.

The only thing different will be Mithrili Horde I free on Steam right now. I'm sure Redshift will be happy to sell it on iPhone and Android.

I can't make it free there.

• However, there is a Steam mobile app for Android and Ios called Steam Link. It's free.

It allows you to stream you Steam games on mobile. If you are at home with access to your PC. At least so far it works that way for me.

It's pretty cool but have to play with it some more. So I can now lie in my catbed and play the Quest on Android as long as I have Steam Link and my PC handy.

Maybe some of you have used it?

• I've finished testing Mithril Horde I and it will be free on Steam and for GOG people. For Android and Ios it will be the regular price because it is a lot of work for Elendil to do what he has to do to get it ready for mobile and to upload to the mobile playstores and satisfy all their requirements.

Once the Android and Ios versions are available, I'll make it available on Steam and for GOG guys and gals. I just have to push a button.

There is always a slight delay because Apple and Android have to go through their approval processes but have patience. : )