crying baby's whine
I want to give some criticism about the game to you Cat, as you are one of the devs. Not for discussion with other people here or showing myself as a smart ass.
Before going into critics I think i need to mention a little bit about myself, just so you know im not someone whos been playing arcades all his life and now has the guts to judge this masterpiece - The Quest.
I really think it is a masterpiece, its the best mobile rpg ever existed. And because i love it so much i want it to be better, thats why i waste a lot of time to write this useless wall of text.
So. The 1st time i played this game on a "pocket computer" long time ago, before touch screen mobile phones was a meta, it was when nokia phones was still the best. And i was really upset when the devs said “from now on all expansions will be released only for iphone”. I started to play it again only after it was released for android.
Anyway, im already 37 yo. I played almost all rpg's released for PC, from Diablo 2 to BG 3, including PoE. This is my favorite genre.
Now to the complains my weird brain finds annoying or not satisfying:
1) Most annoying thing is when your hp suddenly goes to 15hp or 10hp or whatever, when any hit is the last hit.
Its ok when it happens a few times but when its scripted for a piece of grass which you need to cross a dozen of times because you exploring, or almost on any crack on the wall which you need to tap because there probably hidden something, or something just strikes you over and over when you simply walking…its really annoying and brings 0 fun, only anger to the devs. Its like a punishment for exploring. But if you don’t explore you don’t progress.
2) Pop-up hits must be closed only upon tapping “OK”, they must not disappear when you tap anywhere else on the screen.
Most of the times I cant read it because it disappears and im wondering “was that crucial information to know or not?”. Sometimes I was loading a save file just to know what was there and it really was important.
3) We have to tap every single door because we don’t know if theres someone with a quest or not. So why you need to put a hundred closed doors in most cities? Especially annoying for quests like “go to that city and find someone somewhere there”.
4) Some quests are so confusing that you cant solve them without indepth guide from the site.
5) Things like hidden buttons should be in a logical spot like dead ends, behind a bush, etc.
You have made a big progress towards that since the first expansions, I give you that. Before there were no different color walls or lights , so you have to tap and hit every single wall in every corridor. But still, in latests expansions there was hard times to find switches on the same color walls.
6) I don’t have info how many people bought your expansions but as a rpg player with huge playing history, I think all your expansions should continue the progress of the last one. I mean if the last one was for 80 lvl character, the next one should be for 85 lvl character. Not for lvl 4 or 16. I have already spent so much time playing this char and then you present a new expansion for starting characters.. well I think that’s just a waste of your time creating that, I want to progress with my main. (I just saw a new expansion in playstore released in 2023 for starting characters and really was disappointed)
7) Another thing thats really dissapointing is that i finished all your expansions, except the last one (just because i havent played it yet), one hitting every mob or boss. The only difficulty was in the expansion when you had to use certain spells to kill mobs and anyway it was 3 casts at most, usually 2 casts and its dead. And the problem is huge capacity on the items for enchanting. You need to fix that somehow, increase the mobs hp, their damage or reduce enchant capacity on the items.
The last what I wanna say – you know that since the Russo ukranian war started, people in Russia and probably in Belorussia as well, cant buy anything on playstore. That’s losing possible profit. I wanna buy your new expansion but I cant. So why you don’t upload your games on another platform as well?
You can upload it on Russian “RuStore” or chinese Huawei “AppGallery”. On both Russian people can be able to buy stuff.
Im sure there are Russian people in your team, since a lot of stories in your expansions include Russian or “Slavic” culture and tales. But you haven’t done it yet so probably not gonna happen in the future but anyway, I said it.
P.S. You can delete this post when you read it. Thank you all for all these amazing expansions!