Asteroids I

Have finished the graphics. Would you prefer that the Asteroids series start at a low or high level?

Comments

• Would rather be low

• High level. Keep us leveling up.

• I'd vote high level. My guy is way too powerful for his own good...

• High level for me please... >:)

• Low level ; an occasion to play a Nogur !

• Low level as it would give us a chance to start with a fresh character in conjunction with Quest Proper.

• I think low level for this expansion would be good as you'll have Celtic Doom and HOLIV and so on which are high level to level up. Will try to put some dungeons in Asteroids I where only high level characters can go. And place some good high level gear in there. : )

• That sounds good. I'm happy that it will start out as a low lvl. Also looking forward to having Celtic Doom and HOLIV added to growing collection. I do hope to see all the expansions eventually ported to Android, especially Dragon Jade.

I discovered that Quest 2 is in production. I am really curious about that one as well. Will it follow the similar grid based format, or is it going into a different direction? Will you also be eventually creating expansions for Quest 2 also?

• edited November 2018

Only Redshift knows the progress of Quest 2 but if there is an editor, we will be making expansions for it. 😀 The plan is to port all the Classic versions to IOS and Android and Steam.

• Sounds good. Plugging away with Thor's Hammer, skipping Quest Proper atm :neutral:

I'll keep my ears to the ground for the rest.

• Asteroids I will be level 15. So if you're using a new Hero/ine, you could start making your way to Mithria's port. :smiley:

• I'm level 78 so I guess I better play standalone on this one, or with a new character. Would be cool to have a high level game some time in the future though :-)

• Higher level games will be coming. It's just that some players asked to be able to start a new series with a lower level character. The responses here seem to favor lower level.

• edited February 2020

Are we sure now we want a level 15 game? Working on this and want to make sure. This thread was started over a year ago. Storywise I don't think it matters because you can be warped into outer space as easily as sneezing in some universe. : )

But levelwise, it matters. Players finishing HOLV should be level 90, do you want to reach 100 now or start a new character?

The expansion after this is high level and a new one. So eventually you'll reach level 100.

• I have played the same character starting with the base game through all the expansions, so I would prefer that each new expansion continue to level up. It seems that a character can increase about 10 levels per expansion, so HOLV would be 80-90, Asteriods 90-100, expansion after Asteriods 100-110, and so on. With that said, I understand that some players prefer several low level expansions, so I'll look forward to whatever is decided.

• I'm level 56 with 1100 armor...give us some high level dungeons please
  • Well Elendil answered this question. The Quest hasn't been tested with levels higher than 99. So we'll be careful. Asteroids I will be level 15 and I'll put a few higher level dungeons in with high level monsters. That way it can be tested in controlled amounts. Me and my betatesters will be the guinea pigs. : )

• It will be level 25 probably with some high dungeons.

• How do you become a beta tester? :)
  • Nice can't wait! Also will unlock work more or picklock?
  • Yes, I didn't forget. Liz is suggesting level 50 but not sure.

• @Keltos01 We test on Steam. You are welcome to test if you can test on Steam.

• @Catacomber said:
    @Keltos01 We test on Steam. You are welcome to test if you can test on Steam.

does it mean I have to get the pc game too ?

• I would prefer low level - say 15 - 25 - with a few high level dungeons perhaps.

My current (main) character is lvl 83, having just finished Basilisk’s Eye and all previous expansions. However, I also have a second lower level character presently playing HOL1. Although a high level character is fun, with every spell to date, Cat’s finest weapons, and an insane bank account, it’s just as much fun to play without the fancy gear, spells, and with funds a little tighter.

• @Keltos01 said:

@Catacomber said:
    @Keltos01 We test on Steam. You are welcome to test if you can test on Steam.

does it mean I have to get the pc game too ?

Yes. I don't have any control over that.

• @Paracoupe said:
    I would prefer low level - say 15 - 25 - with a few high level dungeons perhaps.

My current (main) character is lvl 83, having just finished Basilisk’s Eye and all previous expansions. However, I also have a second lower level character presently playing HOL1. Although a high level character is fun, with every spell to date, Cat’s finest weapons, and an insane bank account, it’s just as much fun to play without the fancy gear, spells, and with funds a little tighter.

Level 15 - 25 it will be. : )