how can i get inside queen maeve town

Please i cant get in to queen maeve in rath crogan, didnt allow with the guard, thnx

Comments

• You need a disguise. Talk to the Wizard Cathbad in Red Branch Knights' Castle. He'll tell you the Green Fairy in Green Fairies' Moor can make you one. You'll have to do a quest for her. Then she'll make you a Connacht Shepherd's Cloak that will fool the guards enough to let you in.

• Great.. many thnx combs.. eh cat
  • I know this is an old post but can you please tell me how you triggered wizard Cathbad to give you the disguise quest. I have tried getting into the castle via the guard and then speaking to the wizard but he won’t give me the disguise quest for the green fairy. Do I need to do something else first?

• Worked it out. Did need to speak to someone else first. Back on track

• Dear all,
    I have the same problem - „need to speak to someone else first“ - who is „someone“?
    Thank you for a hint...

• As mentioned above, you need a disguise. Talk to the Wizard Cathbad in Red Branch Knights' Castle. He'll tell you the Green Fairy in Green Fairies' Moor can make you one. You'll have to do a quest for her. Then she'll make you a Connacht Shepherd's Cloak that will fool the guards enough to let you in.

For Cathbad to talk to you about this, you need to have the quest 'Seek Wisdom-For the Witch Oracle, Oracle's Grove, seek the Wizard Cathbad's wisdom on how to teleport the two bulls to the Arena of Bulls.'

• Hi, I think I sold the cloak.. what to do?
  • Or maybe wrong question: i solved the quest with the fairy queen. What do I need to wear to get into the castle? Is it possibke to sell that piece and how do I get it back if so? Thanks!!
  • The cloak isn't sellable. Perhaps you stashed it somewhere? It's the Connaught Shepherd's Cloak. You can buy it from Phredd if you need to.

• I have on the Sheppard's cloak but cannot get into Conn's Tower. I am facing west approaching a red gate with a guard on the right.

The guard recognizes me when I approach him and the door will not let me pass.

Am I going to the correct entrance for stealing the second bull?

Did I possibly ruin up my cloak by enchanting it? (If so, where might I find Phredd?)

Thanks.
  • @Nimrod said:
    I have on the Sheppard's cloak but cannot get into Conn's Tower. I am facing west approaching a red gate with a guard on the right.

The guard recognizes me when I approach him and the door will not let me pass.

Am I going to the correct entrance for stealing the second bull?

Did I possibly ruin up my cloak by enchanting it? (If so, where might I find Phredd?)

Thanks.

You'll need high Persuasion skill (or Stealth skill perhaps) in order to convince the guard to let you enter Rath Croghan. 😗

And yes, the White Bull of Connacht is indeed located at Rath Croghan. 😙

Also, I'm uncertain if the enchanted Connacht Shepherd's Cloak does affects the progress somehow. 🤷🏻‍♂️ (Because I never enchant that cloak in the first place before talking to the guard. 🙁) But if it does though, you can simply purchase another Connacht Shepherd's Cloak from Phredd whom resides within Owenagat Cave. 🙂

• You're the best! I forgot about persuasion.

And it appears you can get a in with an enchanted sheppard's cloak. 🙂

Thank you!
  • @Nimrod said:
    You're the best! I forgot about persuasion.

And it appears you can get a in with an enchanted sheppard's cloak. 🙂

Thank you!

No problem at all. ☺️👍