Stuck at end

I delivered the baby; gained Kladenac; defeated Giny; killed everything (I think) in the Tower (sort of a chevron-shaped room with two buttons and two teleporters). I’ve missed something because seeing the Tsar doesn’t end the game, and the map I’m looking at shows a whole area under all the switch rooms on the third floor I haven’t been able to access. Is there anything glaringly obvious I’ve missed?

Comments

• There’s a green wall in the picture room I can’t open. Done Disarm, Unlock, and the Mole dagger (which hasn’t worked for me). Kladenac, burning hand, tapping, begging, swearing…

• You need to kill Kozney the Deathless. He's on the Third Floor, next to where Silvergirl was. Did you destroy the Oak Tree with a spell?

Is it possible for you to put up a picture of the area you can't get to on the Third Floor?

Where is the picture room and that green wall? I see one green wall and unlock should work if you have Kolobok in your backpack.

• Is there a way to get back to Venet’s Isl if you, for instance, overwrote your marked location while playing the next expansion?
  • I had a saved file. The end plays out differently from the classic version! Argimon was right where I left him! Thanks:)
  • Yes, the end is different.

• Not sure if anyone monitors this or not anymore but thought I would give it a shot. I am playing the classic version and am at the point of going after Kozney/Argimon and every time I get to him I die. Completed the baby quest and the Mole dagger. There are two areas on the map I can not get to and not sure if that’s why I can’t beat the deathless. Any help would be appreciated. I really like the games and have several of them but this is the first time I have gotten stuck. Thanks in advance

• I need to know which two areas you can't get to and what you mean when you say when you get to him you die. Does he attack you or does something else attack you?

• First of all Thanks for the response. When I get to Argimon silver girl rushes in and I am given the option save or let her go, I have tried both and the results is the same. He uses a spell and it says I died. I never get the option to do something so did I miss something going into the final battle ?

The first area is between where Herminie ( I know I spelled it wrong) and where you first enter the third floor. And the second is between where you get the mole dagger and the sphere room. Also don’t know if it matters but I have the Quest Gold version.

thanks

• You need to choose the answer "Let Silvergirl stop Argimon." Not "Save Silvergirl." Any other answer than "Let Silvergirl stop Argimon" and you will die.

I can't tell from those pictures where you are in them so I can pinooint what area you can't reach.

• Here are the two areas, I marked them with red.

And Thank you

• Ok so I can’t read very well, I read it to say I died when Silver girl went to Argimon. I must be getting old. There still is the two areas that I never got to and a tomb stone I have not acquired. Thank you for your help, I really do enjoy these games, makes my head hurt sometimes.

• Glad you got through. Happened to me too sometimes. Especially the part with vault is tricky - that is unlocked after you talk with Hermione.

I'm also almost at the end in classic version. Just found out how only Norbert clears way to Dr. Vlad. Is that true? I also couldn't yet find the key to Dr. Vlad's cell. I guess I need to find all pieces of Kozney's death first to do even that.

• Just found answers on this forum - spell Unlock and Pyrometal outside.

• Weird. I can't find the walkthrough for Kozney's Castle on the forum. Soon my last year at uni will start, so I'm getting ready to tolerate all the frustrating things by tackling Argimon's dungeon. Now that I thought about it, I'll try to make it without the walkthrough anyway

• edited August 2023

The complete walkthrough is on the last page of the HOLIV thread.

Good luck in your last year!

• Thank you!

Hmm, I see a good map that shows tricky walls, which might be enough for the classic version but for that slide and bump puzzle and since there's a hint now near the hardest puzzle in HD, I wonder if somebody can manage to finish Argimon's dungeon without the walkthrough. But yeah, maybe I got sometimes blinded when I read (happened often at my other uni - obvious things were omitted even by teachers, which added to frustration and made things impossible, so I changed uni) -- I don't see the walkthrough :)

• @Stressed Cat: I don't see any area near where you have your topmost red mark that you haven't gotten to or could get to.

The same for the lower area. I see no area you haven't gotten to.

• So is the areas that are able to be accessed different between the HD version and the classic version ?

• Not in Argimon's dungeon. But I don't see where you're missing anything comparing your map to the in-game map of the Classic version.