Is there a bad ending? Is there a point to the Abyssal Cave/Calm Before the Storm maps?

I have a few questions

If we decide to go down the bad ending, we do get a "credits" book and then we're teleported to the "Before the Storm" map that leads to the "Abyssal Cave" map. I killed everything in the abyssal cave and tried to interact with all the walls, but I couldn't find any real point to that map. Is there one? Can we get there any other way or is that exclusive to the "bad ending?"

When I went back to report my betrayal, I got told off for it, but an 'ending' cutscene didn't trigger - does one exist for the 'bad ending,' and, if so, how do we trigger it?

Comments

• Just monsters that might be high level for some and respawn. No point otherwise.

I did write an evil end but it's so long ago, I don't remember how you trigger it. It's not Mr. Tainnik who triggers the good end. The evil end reads:

Far away you hear the sound of burning ciites and screaming townsfolk. You try to close your ears to the sound but you can't. You know what you've done and are ready to accept your fate. You still have that much humanity left, adventurer.

Let us lift our goblets of rich, Massandra wine to toast the testers (who contributed many ideas for dungeons): Ardenne, Argimon, Brian, Broono, CfsDoc, Chdo, Dea Firstianty (Lily), DeMenchev, Demonstar, Duke60504, Elizabeth Arnold, Eric1717, falloutmike, FershidB, Gbol, Ghosthunter, Hawkfire, Imran, Keysmaster, Manolan, Martelius, Moti, MuldrzSiS, Myrobotwillneverdie, Old Shaman, PointofLight, Roland, Silvergirl, Sphinx67, Swimmer, Tux1212, Vaterguy and Yorrick.

Special thanks to Old Shaman for coding help.

Special thanks to FershidB for tying the Order of the Sword, Mad Dwarves' Castle and the main story together so well.

• Got it, thank you! I never save the bad endings, but I like to see them so I wanted to check it out if it existed.