Magister Ability

Now that I am ready to start HOL IV, I have a question about the Magister Ability. (BTW - Thanks for all your help with Celtic Doom.) Do I need to complete this task and gain this ability to complete the main storyline or any other quests? I am trying to play through all expansions with the same character and not acquire any special abilities.

Comments

• I realize that if I don't complete this quest for Wizardz in the Shipbuilders' Union Hall I cannot get the final reward for completing all the Union Hall quests. What is that final reward that I would miss?

• The rewards are the Shipbuilders' Guild Robe (AC 57, 3200 Enchant Value) and the Shipbuilders' Rod (Damage 590/740 enchanted with 50% Environment Magic,50% Attack Magic, 50% Protection Magic and Drains Mana).

• Hi Cat! I can’t get the spirit to talk to me other than to say I don’t have the intellect to handle the ability. My intellect is 100 (can boost to 175). What do I need to get this ability?

• I should add I talked to the Smith and have the Golden Chest.

• You need Mind Magic of at least 135.

• You are so awesome Cat!! Thank you!!

• @duke1parkway said:
    Hi Cat! I can’t get the spirit to talk to me other than to say I don’t have the intellect to handle the ability. My intellect is 100 (can boost to 175). What do I need to get this ability?

Strange😐 when I talked to the spirit....

• I hope I understand your question right.

The first thing you need to do is bring Solomon the Golden Bough. : ) Find a golden tree on the surface of the island. You need this quest to get the bough, "Find a way, For Marshall, Shipbuilders' Union Hall, Seversk Harbor, find a way to travel to the Home of the Ferryman so you can do Fetharyne's quest. See Frostya who lives near Kin'-Grust' Lake."

Solomon doesn't give you the Magister Ability. He opens a path for you to take his boat to the Underworld. You get the boat in the Crypt. Then find the Nether Spirit--a different Spirit--in the River Subterra. You need the chest from Forelock the Dwarf. Mind Magic of at least 135 and the quest, "Attain the Magister Ability, For Wizardz, Shipbuilders' Union Hall, Seversk Harbor, go see Forelock the Dwarf Blacksmith on the Island of the Ferryman and attain the Magister ability. Frostya who lives near Kin'-Grust' Lake can take you to the Island of the Ferryman."

• @Catacomber said:
    I hope I understand your question right.

The first thing you need to do is bring Solomon the Golden Bough. : ) Find a golden tree on the surface of the island. You need this quest to get the bough, "Find a way, For Marshall, Shipbuilders' Union Hall, Seversk Harbor, find a way to travel to the Home of the Ferryman so you can do Fetharyne's quest. See Frostya who lives near Kin'-Grust' Lake."

Solomon doesn't give you the Magister Ability. He opens a path for you to take his boat to the Underworld. You get the boat in the Crypt. Then find the Nether Spirit--a different Spirit--in the River Subterra. You need the chest from Forelock the Dwarf. Mind Magic of at least 135 and the quest, "Attain the Magister Ability, For Wizardz, Shipbuilders' Union Hall, Seversk Harbor, go see Forelock the Dwarf Blacksmith on the Island of the Ferryman and attain the Magister ability. Frostya who lives near Kin'-Grust' Lake can take you to the Island of the Ferryman."

Thank you Cat... Now I getting closer in obtaining the magister's ability whahahaha!!!!(evil laugh 😈).