Miner's Guild Bergebis Quest

Hi, I'm trying to complete the Miner's guild quests to complete the membership. I've made it through every quest except Bergebis'. For some reason, they won't give me the "Seal the old shaft" quest when I talk to them. Is there some prerequisite I don't know about? Or maybe one of my stats is too low?

Comments

• Did you had started the quest 'Become a Miner Apprentice' that's given by Pwn2own beforehand? Because that quest is related with 'Seal the old shaft' as these two quests are involved in Titanium Mines simultaneously. πŸ˜—

Unless if you had already learnt the spell 'Deep Thunder' and that you had walked into the middle-east section of Titanium Mines (whereas that area is the objective of 'Seal the old shaft' quest) BEFORE speaking to Bergebis, then I think that you might have encountered a bug unfortunately.. πŸ˜₯
  • Ah that's so unfortunate :( . I was grinding through the mine quests (apprentice -> magister) so that i could smelt the draconite staff. I hadn't gotten Bergebis' quest yet, and I did go to the middle-east section of the titanium mines before speaking to Bergebis, so i must be running into the bug you'd mentioned. Is there anything else I can do to join the Miner's guild? That's a bummer i might not be able to after doing all the quests.

• If you did seal the old shaft before talking to Bergebis, I can do an update to fix this so just be patient. It might take Elendil a week or so to update it.

• I just uploaded the PC version to Steam. Elendil has to do the mobile versions. Just have patience. : )

• > @norcon said:
    > Ah that's so unfortunate :( . I was grinding through the mine quests (apprentice -> magister) so that i could smelt the draconite staff. I hadn't gotten Bergebis' quest yet, and I did go to the middle-east section of the titanium mines before speaking to Bergebis, so i must be running into the bug you'd mentioned. Is there anything else I can do to join the Miner's guild? That's a bummer i might not be able to after doing all the quests.

Ah, I see.. I'm terribly sorry to hear that πŸ˜” but please do have some patience for the next update to arrive for the 'Asteroids I' expansion to fix that bug if yours, like Catacomber here mentioned. πŸ™‚

Also, an interesting note for you, is that you don't necessarily need to smith the Draconian Staff manually as you can actually get that staff instantly by visiting and exploring within the Tower of the Dracon itself.. πŸ˜… (I'm still uncertain if picking up that Draconian Staff within the Tower of the Dracon would still counts though.. but by right it should does, since the objective is simply getting the Draconian Staff in the first place.. I think. πŸ˜…)
  • > @Catacomber said:
    > If you did seal the old shaft before talking to Bergebis, I can do an update to fix this so just be patient. It might take Elendil a week or so to update it.

By the way Catacomber, this is just a mere suggestion... Is it possible to get Phredd to sell the Spellbook of Mage-ification for the next update for 'Asteroids I'? πŸ˜— Because you know, just in case if certain adventurers happens to lost or accidentally sold that Spellbook somehow.. πŸ˜…
  • @Catacomber thank you so much for submitting the fix! I'll keep a lookout on Steam and play some other side quests in the mean time. I really appreciate the responsiveness! I'm assuming the PC and mac updates roll out at the same time on Steam.

Thank you @MysticFury for the tip on the Draconian Staff. I fortunately was able to get that item so I think I can at least slay Hema Roid and continue the story in that direction. I was mostly just trying to finish joining the Miner's guild.

• @Catacomber the update worked!!! Thank you so much :smiley:

• > @norcon said:
    > @Catacomber thank you so much for submitting the fix! I'll keep a lookout on Steam and play some other side quests in the mean time. I really appreciate the responsiveness! I'm assuming the PC and mac updates roll out at the same time on Steam.
    >
    > Thank you @MysticFury for the tip on the Draconian Staff. I fortunately was able to get that item so I think I can at least slay Hema Roid and continue the story in that direction. I was mostly just trying to finish joining the Miner's guild.

I'm glad to hear that you have your issue being resolved over there. πŸ™‚ And you're most welcome by the way. β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘

Actually, I don't think that killing Hemma Royde is part of the objectives for becoming a member of the Miners' Guild but rather its the main objective for the Asteroid Mage itself instead. πŸ˜—
  • @norcon--I'm glad it worked. : )

@MysticFury--Spellbook of Magification--next update. : ) Thanks.

• > @Catacomber said:
    > @norcon--I'm glad it worked. : )
    >
    > @MysticFury-- Spellbook of Magification--next update. : ) Thanks.

Thanks in advance for the update, Catacomber. β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘
  • edited September 2021

@Catacomber said:
    @norcon--I'm glad it worked. : )

@MysticFury--Spellbook of Magification--next update. : ) Thanks.

Erm, Catacomber, about my previous suggestion of adding the Spellbook of Mage-ificafion to Phredd's wares... I don't think it would be necessary anymore.. πŸ˜…

Because you see... I've only just discovered that this Spellbook WAS ALREADY purchasable from Sore Foot over at Cave Dwellers... πŸ˜…πŸ˜“

My most sincere apologies for not checking it thoroughly, Catacomber. πŸ˜”πŸ™

• Thanks for all your help in the forum while I was away. : )

• edited September 2021
    > @Catacomber said:
    > Thanks for all your help in the forum while I was away. : )

Actually, I didn't really offer that much help here though.. πŸ˜… For I've yet to attempt (or touch) certain expansions still.. πŸ˜”

Regardless, welcome back to the forums, Catacomber. πŸ™‚β˜ΊοΈ
  • Thank you. : )