Argimon's 3rd Floor - Stuck at Spheres

I've been consulting the guide, but am still stuck. I'm "activating" the N and S switches first. Then going back and lowering the switches corresponding to the number of letters in the color of the sphere. (Three for red, four for blue, all for green). But I'm not getting a "click" and the door won't open. Is there a particular order to the switches? Or only certain switches which should be flipped? Or might I be missing something even more obvious? Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• This was my note in another thread. See if it helps you.

These are Argimon's instructions:

"Before you start solving the puzzle, all swicthes have to be deactivated. (Turned off)
    First thing you need to do is activate all the north and south switches. Message \"Switches activated.\" should appear (for each of the switches). Next thing you have to do is to activate right number of switches in each pentad. Help are the colors of the spehers in the corners (each sphere belong to one of the pentads).
    Green - activate 5 switches
    Red - activate 3 switches
    Blue - activate 4 switches
    If you activate right number of swicthes in each pentad a message \"Click\" should appear.

After you solve all five the door at the end of the room will be opened."

So you have to activate the north and south switches first.

Then you have to activate the right number of switches in each section:

Red--three switches
    Blue--four switches
    Green - five switches
    that's for the number of letters in each color.

You start with each and every switch deactivated.

Turn on all the north and south switches FIRST--You get message "Switches activated"

Then
    Start with the red globe switches which are to the northeast. You already activated the middle switch.

Turn any TWO of the other switches in that section on. Doesn't matter which ones. So you have a total of THREE switches on there.

Go to the blue globe switches which are to the southeast.

You already activated the middle switch. Turn any THREE of the other switches there on. Doesn't matter which ones. So you have a total of FOUR switches on there.

Go to the red globe switches which are to the southwest.

You already activated the middle switch. Turn any TWO of the other switches there on. Doesn't matter which ones. So you have a total of THREE switches on there.

Then go to the green sphere section which is the northwestern section, you already activated the middle switch, Turn any Four of the other switches there on.
    So you have a total of FIVE switches on there.

The door should then open. I just tested this.

• If it helps. I had the same problem. If you press the middle switches to activate in the order "red NE" "blue SE" "red SW" "green NW" first, then there is a "click" on the other switches and the door opens.
  • @CatBlower said:
    If it helps. I had the same problem. If you press the middle switches to activate in the order "red NE" "blue SE" "red SW" "green NW" first, then there is a "click" on the other switches and the door opens.

I was having the same problem. Upon doing this order still nothing. So I reset the switches, saved the game, closed it completely. Upon reloading it worked as above.

• That's helpful to know!