Strange plants in Forest of Winds

Help me. I can't go through strange plants in Forest of Winds. They prevent me to get into the one only house there (I assume that's where Jar of Wind is). Did I miss something? Thank you.

Comments

• Step on the black flowers in various areas there. They act as switches to remove the ones blocking your way. To make sure you get all the flowers, drop something by the flower you step on so you don't need to do that flower again.

• What about the ones blocked by trees?

• Hit the trees with your weapon.

• Many thanks!

• Hi! Whats the use of the jar?
  • If you're playing the HD version, it's a quest. "For DeMenchev, Redshift University, find the shrine of Mat Zemlya and offer her beer and bread so she will give you her Jar of Winds."

• Hi Cat - my sword does not seem to work on the trees when they are in my way, any tips or walk throughs for the forest of winds?

• I figured it out, my sword was able to cut the pine trees down in the SW corner so I could activate those two small black plants, then make my way to the house going east from those two switches walking close to the well,, then north past the house, then west past the house then south past the house then straight north to the house and shelf (avoiding the little black plants all along the way)

• Post and ye shall find. :) Thank you for the detailed description that should help other players.

• Sure thing, I should mention that when I first entered the area I killed a bunch of the enemies, they led me to a couple of the black flowers to step on first, then I was able to get to the SW corner and did what I posted before. Sorry my guidance is not as good,as many others but hopefully may help someone in the future!